Risk Service Analyst - (Hedge Fund and Asset Mgt Risk Firm; Manhattan; 70-80k base + bonus))
Our client, with offices in Manhattan, has been providing risk measurement and risk reporting services to asset managers and asset owners since 1999 and employs proprietary methodologies to analyze complex investment portfolios of investment managers and provides clients with a suite of award-winning risk and transparency analyses.
In 2010, our client became the proud recipient of three industry awards. The firms analyzes over 250B in client assets.
- Work with Financial Engineers and Client Service to deploy and support Risk Services
- Work within Client Support Workflow to solve Client issues in conformity with SLA (Service level agreements).
- Improve efficient based on metrics and manage data and corrections to data.
- Proactively bring insight to Risk reports and highlight trends and areas of focus with clients.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Economincs, Finance, Mathematics / Natural Science or equivalent
- Three to five years of experience with derivative valuation and processing, data management and operations best practices.
- Familiarity with SQL, Java, and scripting languages
- Ability to rapidly acquire the technical skills and financial knowledge to perform duties and work both independently and in small teams.
- Excellent oral and written communicator
- Flexible work schedule to accommodate European and Asian Clients.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving capabilities, organizational and communications skills
- Habit of keeping up-to-date with the latest developments in risk and asset management
- Able to simultaneous be detail-oriented and to understand "the bigger picture"