Quality Assurance Specialist - (Hedge Fund and Asset Mgt Risk Firm; Manhattan / New Jersey)
Our client, with offices in Manhattan, has been providing risk measurement and risk reporting services to asset managers and asset owners since 1999 and employs proprietary methodologies to analyze complex investment portfolios of investment managers and provides clients with a suite of award-winning risk and transparency analyses.
In 2010, our client became the proud recipient of three industry awards. The firms analyzes over 250B in client assets.
- Work with Financial Engineers, Development and Service Delivery to create,maintain and run testing structures and scripts.
- Assist with conversion of 1TB database conversion from Oracle to PostgreSQL and work with operations to convert job control language from UNIX/cron to OpsWide
- Decrease testing time by 50% and increasing testing throughput by 200%
- Automate the testing of 500,000+ lines of java code base
- Automate regression testing with one year
- Participate in creating a 100% ongoing documentation culture within three months
- Bachelors degree with 4-6 yrs experience with designing software test
- Experience with data validation and manipulation in Oracle or PostgreSQL using SQL
- Financial Services experience, testing tools used in regression testing and building test cases for regression testing